Deadline: Varies from August 31, 2019 – March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the 2020/2021 DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Germany. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines. And with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany , With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners play an essential part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are cover by the home country or another source of funding
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines”.
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates can prove their development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
The postgraduate course and the university decide on admission after consideration of the application documents. Access to the university is a prerequisite for receiving a DAAD scholarship. However, applicants do not need to request early or pre-admission to the university.
Please note that the selection process for all postgraduate courses listed in this booklet lasts from the end of October until March.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit DAAD Scholarships.
Instant Scholarship Notifications
Be The First To Receive New Scholarship Alerts Straight to your Email
Thank you for subscribing. You have been added to our list for any future updates and more.
Something went wrong.