Applications are open for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program 2020.
The Vanier CGS program is to attract and retain doctoral students who demonstrate both leadership skills in the social science natural s and humanities sciences or engineering and health.
The government launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program in 2008 to strengthen their ability to attract and retain and establish world-class doctoral student in Canada as a global centre. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences or engineering and health.
The Vanier CGS program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
Three years (non-renewable)
Scholarships are distributed equally between the three federal granting agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- The scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies
- Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually. A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.
Instant Scholarship Notifications
Be The First To Receive New Scholarship Alerts Straight to your Email
Thank you for subscribing. You have been added to our list for any future updates and more.
Something went wrong.